Friday, January 15, 2016

yoga

Yesterday I completed my 3rd Bikram yoga class in one week.  I have not practiced yoga in about 7 months. To say the classes were difficult it a major understatement. They were down right brutal . I suffered in every class. I kept thinking to myself about all the classes I had taken in the past. How did I ever take 100 yoga classes in 100 days?How did I take multiple classes in one day? The challenges I took on were extreme and yet I did not see that. I thought it was yoga so no big deal.
The big deals were my girlfriends running marathon, swimming great distances, competing in Ironman events. They were the athletes. I just practiced yoga.
I could not see what I had done as an accomplishment. I do now. I have heard that wisdom comes with age. I am finally tapping into that wisdom and seeing me for me.
It feels pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment