Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home Sick


Today is January 12th and I am home sick with a cold. I just watched the movie Julie and Julia...pretty good flick, but more importantly it got me thinking. Couple of people mentioned that I should have a blog about the start of my new business Organize Your Life. I kind of laughed it off because unfortunately I am not blessed with the talent to write. But then something came to mind that I would say to my Mom when she would correct my grammar "Mom, the content is way more important than how I say it"! For you my reader I hope that you are occasionally entertained, you learn a helpful organizing tip and...maybe you make choices about living your best life.


Here we go. As I mentioned, I am in the process of starting my own business as a Professional Organizer. A what? Yes, I work with busy people who want to live a clutter free life and can find the things they are looking for when they need them. Today, however, I am home sick. Now as a self employed person, I do not get sick days. That means I need to do something. Well there is that Feng Shui book I have been meaning to read. Did my friend Samantha know something about my future when she gave it to me years ago? Here's a good tip on bathrooms. Keep seats, covers, and doors to bathrooms shut. Toilets emanate negative energy and should be kept closed when not in use. Phew...John and I have been practicing this for years. Ugh, my head is throbbing so time to put the book down on the bed. Why is there a fork on my bed? Gosh I must be sick. I gotta straighten up this bed. (Side tip 2...when home sick...make the bed up fresh each day, throw away tissues, etc. Shifts energy of room).


OK so I open utensil drawer and since I still have my reading glasses on, I see everything. Why are there crumbs in the drawer? I promise we wash our utensils. Maybe it's because of the toaster on the counter. Before I know it, sink is full with hot water and suds and utensils are tossed in. Empty and clean drawer divider. Hmmm....wonder what top drawer with cooking utensils look like. Yep, same thing and is that jelly in there too? Gross. Everything is now in the sink. Wash and dry. Why do I have so many forks and spoons, that we never bought? What are some of these cooking utensils even used for? I get my Goodwill bag and toss it all in. Put rest of the utensils away. Result: everything looks clean and new and I see everything I have. Imagine that...finding what you want at first look. It is amazing that such a small task can make such a difference. Seriously we open these drawers at least once a day! Total time: 20 minutes (remember I have a cold, so I am a little slow). I feel pretty good about today so now back to bed.




Oh and before I forget, check out my business at http://www.organizeyourlife.vpweb.com/.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you have a forum for your musings now. The utensil situation is bad in Donner, we need to scale back - we have one drawer full of knives which are old, dull, some broken and almost all we never use. Never considered how much time can add up sorting thru a drawer full of utensils like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting something on Wordpress myself, but am going to design the thing first before I write on it. Not blessed with the writing gene particularly, but I did have a diary for about 20 years (random musings on life and love), and am willing to try again!

    ReplyDelete