Monday, February 15, 2010

my 1, 2, 3

1. do what you love:
when i sold on-line advertising, i did everything i could to have the best proposals for potential clients. in fact my they were so good that my co-workers often wanted to use copies for their clients. anyway, maybe it was because advertising wasn't my thing that it just never felt fulfilling. i did well. met nice people. but something was always missing. that missing link was passion about what i was doing. and now i have found it...i love teaching yoga and i love organizing people's lives. so now that i am doing what i love i have decided to take a different approach from what i did previously to get new clients. it may sound naive and who knows in time it may change. for now, i am just focusing my attention on the service i provide and how helpful it can be in some one's life who may feel overwhelmed, unorganized, cluttered, etc. my goal is to go above and beyond a client's expectation. i know i am going to do a great job! you may say i sound egotistical but i know that whatever you decide to do you should strive to do the best. i guess what i'm saying is that i believe so much in what i do and the benefits to the client that i am just not worried about getting clients. i am so confident in what i do and the results for the client that it doesn't feel like a sales process where i have to ask for their business. i don't hesitate when asked about costs, time lengths, results. when you pursue what you believe in and you do it well then the rest will happen. like kevin costner said in field of dreams "if you build it, they will come".

2. don't do it alone:
the other thing differently that i am doing is that i am asking for help...friends, family, the universe. i can't do this solo. i need to share my ups and downs, my insecurities, my needs. and you know what it works! just this morning i asked the universe for two specific things...two new clients and one more yoga class to teach. sue enough, two hours later the yoga studio supplied me with my two new clients and my friend cliff got me a yoga teaching gig where i also have the potential to get new clients! wow!

3. say thank you:
remember that when you ask for something you must say thank you. be grateful and oh my goodness, i am oh so very grateful.
special thanks to...john, both moms, jessica, susan, cliff, katite, rebeccas (more than 1!), samantha, lydia, laura, chris, jim, mg, kristin, jamie, rose, regina, olivia, lindsay, liz, ellen, oprah, my angels and of course the universe.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say you unwittingly gave yourself a 4th - do what you say you're going to do. You said Sunday you'd deliver some new thoughts and you did it! Appreciate the shout out - its easy to support you because of your 1,2,3. Good luck w your new clients.

    ReplyDelete