Monday, February 11, 2013

today we divert from organizing tips

hello monday. i wonder what you and this week have in store for me.
it is now 8:11 am and i am lying in bed, drinking my coffee and pondering any thoughts that might be worth noting. it the living room my husband fiddles with the printer and i await his call of "it is time to go". i am giving him a ride this morning. the original departure time he said was 8:00 but that has come and gone.
so i guess this week starts off with me waiting. it is certainly not something i do well at nor enjoy. in fact having my last name as Wait is somewhat ironic. it is a task that i have had to take on via marriage as well as a couple friendships. there are those of us who are incredibly punctual people and live by the code of being ready and those that simply are not. i think it can be challenging for both sides. but i have learned a few tricks on how to deal with it for me.
i am using one technique this morning. i get myself totally ready to go so when my husband says it is time i just get up, put on my shoes and walk out the door. and in the meantime, i occupy myself with things that i can easy put aside - drinking coffee in bed, reading a magazine, looking at postings on fb. it helps.
i don't know what this week has in store for me but so far i am tackling some of the little life challenges...right from my bed.
time for another drink of coffee. cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment