Wednesday, March 20, 2013

here is what i am doing!

yesterday i realize was just a teaser about my spring routine. so what exactly am i doing? have i done?

1. got so tired of looking old - aka grey hair. yep, after a solid year of growing out the grey hair and at the prodding of my friend rebecca i am, for the moment, grey free.
2. focus on what i am eating - i had a pretty sugar friendly holiday season and now, again for the moment, i am sugar free. i am back to my routine of grocery shopping, cooking meals and mostly just paying attention to what i eat.
3. yoga - i have my ups and downs with my regular practice depending on the business of my life. the more work i get, the less yoga i do. so what i am working on is balance. when i work i need to keep the yoga routine balanced. so far so good.
4. new exercise options - i have shared with a few close friends that i can't do a push up. i know it sounds silly but i don't like it. i have a couple people show me how to do a push up and still it doesn't happen. i don't remember ever doing push ups as a kid. it feels totally unnatural to me. so i have started taking trx classes which is based using suspension ropes. one of their objectives is improving strength and i am all for that.
5. skin - i have tried a variety of peels and laser to get rid of sun/age spots with minimal success. well now at the advice of a dermatologist i am trying the obagi skin program. it takes 3-4 months to see results which is a little painful but with the combo of all of the above, i am cautiously optimistic about my overall results.

i will post the results in june. happy spring everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment