Friday, March 1, 2013

really?

i was working with an organizing client yesterday who is also a former yoga student of mine. she was telling me the news of other former yoga students and shared an unsettling thought with me. she told me that one of the students doesn't like a teacher because she thinks the teacher is overweight and so he should not teach. really? on some level i get it but gosh as a yoga teacher myself that adds an element of pressure i really don't like. i am in the process of putting a yoga retreat together for june and have been focused on getting students, setting up an awesome week and have not spent much time on "what i look like". i know students want to be inspired by their teacher and part of that is how they look. sure for the average 47 years old woman i probably look good but rock start buff...nope, not even close. hmm. i have 4 months. i think that i am going to try...not rock star buff but yoga looking good.
i still don't like what my former student said and have lots of reasons to debate it but screw it. i want to feel and look good when my students arrive to mexico. yoga game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment