Friday, March 22, 2013

taking my own advice

i often tell my clients that we should create the home environment for the place they live in now. so in other words - "live the present moment". well, it is time that i take some of my own advice. sure, i am always editing out clothes and knick knacks that i don't use but i haven't completely set up my home how i would like it. specifically our seating situation.
when john and i first moved in to our apartment we went out and bought a corduroy couch with a pull out couch (the advice of my mom). it was a nice couch but it wasn't the perfect couch so i shipped that thing off to our house in tahoe to replace an ugly one we had there. nice solution but left us again in the dilemma of the couch for san francisco. the challenge is to be good looking, comfortable and a sleeper sofa. for some reason i got it in my head that a leather couch would be nice. sure it has worked fine for guests staying over but leather...not so much. i don't like that your butt slides off it. so i moved it to the sun room and basically it is just used for house guests when they spend the night. and now that wonderful sun room is not being used as the couch is slippery and not comfortable. in the back of my head i have rationalized that i won't live in this place forever so for now, it is just fine.
wrong.
time to practice my own advice.
so, finally i have found a nice looking couch that also easily converts to a bed for that random house guest. i also got rid of a couple other items that seemed to have taken up room in my sun room and are no longer desirable. thank god for sf people who want things for free. i put those items on the side walk and bye bye.
the new couch is ordered and will be here in june. so it is the leather couch for a little longer and then i will be living in the room that i want now. oh and i am going to go look for a coffee table tomorrow to go with it.
yep, i am living present moment. sure hope my husband likes my choice! and if you know of anyone that wants a leather couch i know where you can get one for a steal!

No comments:

Post a Comment