Thursday, July 21, 2011

new things creates new things...maybe

i am not sure if i explained this but the reason for the food experiment was to get me writing. i heard if you put in effect what you want to do once a day that eventually you will form that behavior as a habit. the problem for me is that i didn't know what to write about. yeah, i could talk about the new business but what about it...the success, the failure, my daily routine. what? so having the food topic gives me a set direction. and then once i started to do that voila the writing thing would kick in. people ask me what my blog address is and i just tell them it's stupid you don't want to read it. time...i need time.
anyway, i am noticing that doing this new thing with the food experiment i have also started to do new things in other aspects of my life. first of course is that i am writing in this blog. good or bad, words are getting typed here. second, i am trying different ways to put my business out there to the general public. so far my business was people i know, then referrals from friends, facebook referrals, and then referrals from clients. the referrals from clients were my first exposure to people i have no connection to. well what would it take to get me to the next level of the general public? advertising. how? i put a simple ad up on craigslist and voila i am getting calls. i sort of feel like a seinfeld episode. thankfully, i am taking it as it comes. i am excited but not out of contrul excited. i usually just call my husband to share the news with him. who knew what could happen when you remove processed foods from your diet?!
ok now off to something old...taking afternoon yoga. until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment