Sunday, January 15, 2012

two days in a row

please excuse me if this post goes all over the place. i have had a cough, now a cold and am taking cold medication which apparently makes me quite loopy.
my first thought for today's blog is that i am hoping i am posting today. i wrote yesterday and now i am back it again today. hopefully this trend will continue and i will be back to posting regularly.
now my second thought is about the temperature of my food. random i know. i think i wrote about this a while back how someone mentioned that my food choices because of its limitations pretty narrows it to mostly cold temperature foods. my friend jamie, who is a Chinese medical practitioner recently sent out a newsletter that at this time of the year we should be having warmer foods. she wrote about the kidneys and removal of toxins...i think. anyway, my take away was that i need warm foods. hmmm. does coffee count? oh wait my nutritionist from a year ago told me "andrea, coffee is not a food". so now i am reminded once again that i need to incorporate this into my daily diet. i have added to my resolutions preparing two dishes a week so perhaps i will think of cooking warm foods. alright that is how i will redefine the resolution one step more. create two dishes that last longer than one day and that are warmer. ok i got it. time to get out that crock pot and look up some recipes.
happy cooking people.

No comments:

Post a Comment