Sunday, November 17, 2013

stress

for the most part i would say i am a pretty independent person who tackles stressful situations head on. i have been that way my entire life. in fact it is a rarity for me to ask for help. my mom used to get annoyed with me quite often about this very topic. her line was "it's not that we don't think you can do it. it is that sometimes people would like to just give you help".what she really didn't understand was why i chose to do things on myself.  i took care of my problems because quite honestly i did not want to burden anyone else. i am learning as i get older that sometimes it is just nice to ask for help. i can vent about the stresses of life and get support from the people that love me.
so today i dedicate this post to my husband who can calm me down and to my friend samantha who gave me some very helpful and supportive words today. as a result of her supportive words, i am able to close my eyes and go to sleep. goodbye stress.
amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment