Tuesday, June 5, 2012

treat yourself like you would treat a friend

lately i have been hearing about someone who basically hasn't taken care of herself. amazingly the people around her are not being honest with her and saying hey, if you want to have a better healthier life you have to take care of yourself. instead they just feed into the problem..."oh it must be so hard having all of these "x problems".  and it just reminds me of my own path. i am trying to treat myself as if i was my own friend. and for me that is eating quality healthy foods that i enjoy, taking yoga classes, spending time with john, and doing the things that matter to me. it is easy to get caught up in our daily problems and just dwell in what is wrong with our lives. but i know the only one that can make the positive changes in my life is me. no woe is me. i am making the changes i need for my life to live my best quality of life. will i make mistakes? yes. and that is part of my path. i am learning to make "me" my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment