Wednesday, July 24, 2013

i am not going with my gut...uh oh

so after all that talk yesterday about growing my organizing business well, the requests kept coming. i got a call around 6pm by a woman in need of an organizer for her new apartment. she has downsized from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom and sounds like a total mess. just in my brief conversation with her i felt frazzled. first she wanted to know if i could come right over then and start work. then she got caught up in her problems and that went back in forth to "wait which organizer are you"? and before she hung up, one more question "do you have references"? NUTTY.
of course i did not agree to come over but i did agree to come today and if all goes well, start organizing today. that is not how i do business.  typically i meet a potential client for a consultation and then from there we set up a future date to begin work. i am breaking my rules. my gut bells and whistles are going off. this uneasy feeling was even more confirmed when she called my home at 9:45 pm. she had some crazy idea of me looking at the new place and the old place. apparently she has a garage filled with stuff at the old place that needs to be cleaned out in a week. after all of that i can start work. did i mention i can't come over until 4:30. with all of that, i won't be out of there before 9. i am not a nighttime person. yep, my gut is screaming at me but i have agreed to go over there so i am going to stay to my comittment. i need a plan.
ok, first i have not agreed to work. if the situation doesn't work for me than i can leave. i need to keep her on track and just working on her new place. it is not a good use of time to look at both places and then come back to start work. the worst case scenario...i don't think i can work there and i will just need to say that. wonder how this is going to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment