Tuesday, October 29, 2013

the early bird

i got this quality from my dad...be early. my dad was the guy who got everything done in the morning. i think he liked being out and about getting coffee and the newspaper way before the masses headed out into the world. i am so the same way. i also like to tackle my agenda items before the time that i have scheduled them to be done. for instance, my today's plan was to work with a client from 10-1, do laundry from 1-2:30, and then take yoga class at 3. well at 7:22 i woke up and instead of just closing my eyes and going right back to sleep i thought hey i have time to get the laundry done before i meet my client. now 36 minutes later i am sitting in the laundromat watching the clothes spin around in the washer and am typing this blog. yes, i am even getting my blog in which i scheduled to write later tonight. so what is the motivator behind this behavior? there are a couple reasons. i love deleting items from my calendar and i like the feeling of having open blocks of time. it somehow feels like a stress release...not that laundry and writing a blog necessarily causes stress. it is more that i have things on my calendar that i know i have to do and the more i can conquer earlier in the day, the lighter i feel. so now my must do's for the day - meet client, take yoga class and do some computer stuff associated with work. yep, this is gonna be an excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment