Saturday, October 19, 2013

triggers

Do you have trigger foods? I have heard one friend describe bananas as a trigger food. For some this means then consuming everything in sight. I don't have a trigger food. I have a trigger place. My trigger is Walgreens. Pretty much you could say I go to Walgreens every day. I buy everything from coconut water, to Trident gum,  to health care products to garbage bags for my organizing clients and everything in between. Walking in that store I am also drawn to the sweet (candy) and the savory (chips). Yesterday I went in to pick up a prescription and saw two little girls with their Mom wearing head bands with spiders on them. Yep, it is Halloween time. Instead of going straight to get my prescription instead I started my shopping experience in the seasonal aisle browsing holiday candy. Thankfully I stopped and reminded myself of how hard I worked in TRX class that morning and that I really did not need a Skors bar. I got my prescription and headed out the door.
Oh Walgreens how I love you but for one day I resisted your charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment