Monday, September 2, 2013

the signs



i am always looking for signs about whether or not i am on the right path in my life. i think because i look for them i see them. there have been two themes that keep presenting themselves to me.
at my thursday night meditation class the teacher shared two messages with us. the first was the idea of letting things go and the second was what she called a metta.

fast forward 3 days...i'm in tahoe taking a yoga class at the school in town. class is focused on two themes. yes, you guessed correctly.

1. let it go
2. repeat this metta - from what i understand the metta is similar to a mantra and the premise is sharing good will towards self, others and the universe at large. here is the shortened version.


  • may i be happy
  • may i be safe
  • and may i be at ease at whatever arises with in me.


i love it.

i am so practicing this. i think these signs are easy for me to follow.

namaste, andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment