Friday, September 16, 2011

i hate this.

so what do i hate? i know hate is a strong word. whatever. i used to hate it when someone would introduce me to their new favorite junk food...whatever it was whatchamacallit, skor bar, a bag of chips, whatever it was i took it on...full on. i loved it. it just got added to my list of favorite foods to hate. but now i have a new hate.
i hate when someone tells me a food that i think is on the good list secretly is really on the bad list. this information was just enlightened to me about something i have every day. i drink a cafe ai lait - coffee and steamed milk. i had the non fat version of milk thinking that was a good idea. now when i saw a nutritionist last year she told me to eat the fat versions of food - i.e. yogurt as there is less sugar. that got planted in my head so i moved away from the non fat to two percent. but milk? no way non-fat. the new reveal came from my coffee barrister. he said that the non-fat milk in my coffee gets most of its calories from...sugar. seriously? here i am not eating sugar and yet there it is in my coffee. i am annoyed. so after that little pearl of wisdom was shared, i sat in my car doing a little research on my phone and yep, there it was. non fat milk gets most of its calories from sugar.
i hate this. yes, i used the word hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment