Monday, August 5, 2013

the book shelf

i started de-cluttering the book shelf - reallya, andrea a box of soaps on top of my books? why were they there? that organizing process took me to the jewelry boxes which took me to my clothing drawers and so on. you get the idea.
what i simply love about the organizing process besides the de-cluttering faze is that i often change up a specific area so that i see things differently. for instance i gave away so many necklaces which then freed up hooks that i could then use for bracelets stored in a drawer. now i will actually wear the bracelets as i can see them. love that.
the second thing that happens when i go through my belongings is ireconnect to things that i was holding on to for a reason and haven't touched. i have a shelf of old books that i have been "meaning to read". last night, i cracked open one of those books, read it all the way through and have now donated it. there is a feeling of completion with that process which i find incredibly satisfying.
next stop on my de-clutter tour...the storage area over the closet. this containschristmas decorations sent to me over the years from my mom and my sister. so not fun...but i must continue on.
happy monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment