Tuesday, October 9, 2012

artificial sweeteners

home sick on monday and was watching dr. oz show on artificial sweeteners. i have always known that  they are not good for me but wasn't aware of the immediate impact. i have splenda in my coffee and i chew trident gum. didn't seem to terrible until i watched the show.  this is just one side effect.

Could They Be Causing My Bathroom Troubles?
Artificial sweeteners can cause you to go to the bathroom more often. They may cause the muscles in your bladder to become hyperactive – forcing you to urinate more frequently. Even one packet might be enough to cause you to urinate more frequently than normal. This can eventually wear out the bladder, increasing your risk for urinary tract infections and urge incontinence.


since i started drinking coffee 7 years ago i found that i go to the bathroom a lot at night. i thought it had to do with the fact that i was in my 40s. now i am thinking differently.


so...this is my last month on this stuff. the weening process starts now. wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment