Thursday, October 18, 2012

this is not going to be easy

we all know that saying and doing are two totally different things. recently i posted that i was going to cut out artificial sweeteners - mainly splenda in my coffee and trident gum. and of course when i wrote that i had that kind of superior thought in my mind that i have already accomplished that. ha ha ha. that is funny.
now i am in mexico and brought a supply of splenda thinking this would be the last of it and by the time i returned home i would be off the stuff. quickly i forgot that when coffee is readily at hand like it is here at the retreat center i am consuming way more than at home and with that my supply of splenda. i just looked at my stash and realized it is getting low. i have 4 more days to go so i need to really spread it out to last. yeah, that is not the thought process of a person who has kicked the habit. darn it. i love to think of myself as this super power that can get through anything and yet this little yellow packet of poison is my achilles heel . i hate that.
as for the gum, well i don't have any with me so that is out of the question...but i must confess i miss it.
when i get home i better find that truvia stuff people keep telling me about as well as the healthy kind of gum. unlike smoking cigarettes this fake sugar thing is not going to be an easy habit to kick.
so for now i am still on the splenda crack!

No comments:

Post a Comment