Thursday, December 13, 2012

everything comes together.

today has been one of those days where i realized that everything i have done in my career has led me to be able to help the client i met today.
first, her home is located south of sf in redwood city. on the drive down i hit a major traffic jam and immediatley stressed about being late.  thankfully i have had two different sales jobs that required me to work in this area so i was able to find an alternate route.
second, i have been lucky to work with a variety of people from my days finding jobs for people with disabilities to a vast clientele as a yoga teacher. let's say that this person appeared a bit socially awkward and maybe a disability. i sensed her angst about meeting me and showing me where she needed help. thankfully i had a good insigiht as to how to make her feel comfortable and positive about our experience working together.  in that moment i knew that everything i have done in the past has prepared me for this exact moment. 
i have to say it felt prety good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment