Friday, December 14, 2012

the people i meet

i feel so blessed that i have the opportunity because of my personality to meet a variety of people on a daily basis.
today while leaving the supermarket i heard a funny exchange between two older ladies. the one lady said to her friend really loud and in a funny voice...
"what kind of kind cookie is this? this is not even a chocolate chip cookie?"
that just made me giggle. instantly thought of my husband who just loves chocolate chip cookies. i mean thanksgiving for him is turkey and cookies.
well then the ladies made their way towards me so i shared with how their conversation made me smile and that my husband also loves chocolate chip cookies. that just got the two of them roaring laughing...the kind of jolly make your belly jiggle laugh. the following conversation unfolded...
lady -  "you tell your husband you met a jersey girl."
me - "you will be happy to know my husband is a jersey guy."
both ladies - huge laughts and screams of "oh my lord"
lady - "you tell him you met a girl from the elisabeth/newark area"
me  - "he's a guy from the ewing/trenton area.
more laughter
then we had a mutual "merry christmas" exchange and "have a nice day".
I LOVE THAT.
i of course immediately called my husband and shared my experience. he thought that was hysterical.
what a fun exchange between total strangers.
i just love that.
merry christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment