Wednesday, December 5, 2012

hmmm

so i did pretty well yesterday staying on track and not getting caught up in the little life distractions. that is until i finished work and opened my email...
many many back and forth exchanges between my neighbors, the attorneys for the landlords and my husband. then i saw the texts. and then there were voice mails. so i thought...just drive over to your place. it can't be that bad.
it was worse.
as i approached my house, i could see the door was wide open to the street (about 5 pm) and workers were buzzing in and out of our. there were also those who were just standing by holding brooms. as soon as i entered the energy went to the next level. the job was to be done at 6 and they weren't even close. seeing that the toilet and the sink sat in the hall i could pretty much guess it was not to be done anytime soon. i could all se my landlords in their car conspiring.
yep the distractions got me.
of course during this time the attorneys for the landlord were emailing my husband that the job was close to being completed. little did he know i was at the apartment and well he was wrong.  i thought my head would explode from the stress. i started taking pictures, paced around the apartment, called my husband talked to the neighbors. ugh.
basically i got all whirled up in the drama. of course the toxic fumes from the paint and the floor glue did not help.
at the witching hour fo 6 the workers continued and i said good bye and returned to my temp digs in the castro.
today is a new day. the rain is pouring. i am snuggled in a stranger's bed. so far so good. i am drama free.

No comments:

Post a Comment