Monday, December 24, 2012

what to do today?

christmas eve morning is here. how can i pay tribute to those lost? i don't know what i will find along the course of my day but i hope and pray that it is something special to brighten the day of someone who needs it.

hours later....

random act presented itself. i was doing laundry and thought it would be nice to go get some kind of cake at the bakery and give it to one of the familys in the laundromat. i bought an apple crumble pie and on my way out of the store i saw a cute dog. i played with it for a bit and an older gentleman standing near by (missing some teeth, smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee) asked me if it was a  is a bird dog? i said yes that the breed was a hunter but i think this particular dog looked nervous and was probably scared of birds. he laughed and smiled. he then commented on how nice the apple crumble was in my hand. "that sure is nice looking cake". with that i handed it to him and said "it's yours. merry christmas". he responded with "really, for me? why would you give this nice cake to me"? i told him it was christmas...he liked  itand so he should have it". he then shared with me his blessings "god bless you". that was so kind of him. i enjoyed the entire experience. what a blessing it is to share the act of kindness.

i am sending my prayers to the children who died in newtown. may god bless them and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment