Saturday, December 15, 2012

good morning saturday

yesterday a terrible tragedy occurred...a gunman entered an elementary school killing 27 people. 20 of them adults. i read the various posts about how america needs to take action...everything from gun control to provide more family ill people. there also many sharing thoughts of prayer and love for the victims and their families.  but then i read the following that really resonated with me...

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” - Fred Rogers

i want to be a helper. i don't know how or where but i want to do something to acknowledge those lost and the families suffering. i want to be a helper .

No comments:

Post a Comment