Sunday, December 23, 2012

kindness acts - day 2

well it turned out to be a few kindness acts for day 2.
two nights ago i was walking around the ornament area and there was a sign that said take 50 percent off and an additional 10 percent after that. you can imagine with a sale going on like that how busy it was. an older lady approached me to show me a silver angel (not knowing i totally have a connection to angels). she said "isn't this so pretty"? i agreed. she then asked a couple boys (later i learned they were strangers to her) to see if they could find another one for her. well, i took the task on and searched the entire area and eventually found a basket of angels. but when i went to find her, she was gone. so i browsed through the angel ornaments and came up with my plan for kindness act 2.
yesterday on my way to meet a client,  i  pulled into a random mcdonalds and waited for my next act.  a woman, about my age pulled up.  she looked pretty tired and not too excited about going to mcdonalds for breakfast. so when she went inside i went to action. i had the angel wrapped in tissue paper and i had written on the paper  "merry christmas and happy new year, from your guardian angel". as it had been raining her wipers were veritical on the windshield. i placed the package under the wiper with the message facing her.  i positioned myself so she couldn't see me. about 5 minutes later she was back with bags and drinks in hand. she got in the car and immediately saw the package. i have no idea what she thought of this but i hope it lifted her day in some way.
i then went to my clients house in redwood city. within an hour we had filled my suv up with donations. for the first time ever i left half way through the job to go to goodwill. as i waited at the light to get on the highway there was a old lady with a sign asking for money. yep, you know the story. i opened my wallet and gave her all the dollars that i had. i have no idea how much money i gave her but she was incredibly thankful. the giving didn't stop there.
on my return trip from goodwill i was once again stopped at the same stop light....now just on the opposite side of the street of the old lady.   a very old man also had a sign asking for money. i think perhaps these two people are together. i had given all the dollars i had to the lady so the only thing left was change. thankfully we keep lots of quarters in the car for meters. i emptied it out and gave it to him.  he also was incredibly thankful.
i hope my small acts lifted the spirts of 3 people. i don't know what i will do today but i hope it is a reflection of those small children and their teachers who are no longer with us.
my thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who died.

No comments:

Post a Comment