Thursday, January 24, 2013

i feel lucky

i am working with a guy (chris) who has cancer to help him get his paper work in order. so yesterday's task was to open his mail. oh my gosh, his mail consists of bills, bills and more bills. gosh having an illness is expensive. anyway, i kept saying in my mind to chris "you need money". while i did that he shared with me that he has had a very stressful week. after inquiring, he shared that he was not making jan rent and feb. rent is just around the corner. thankfully i had been doing some research with my tax lady on his behalf and found a way to release some money from a 401k when he worked. within 30 minutes money was transferred into his account. this very kind person went from being a super stressed out person to a calm relaxed man.
when i left he gave me the biggest hug and said "thank you angel". we have so many moments every day that we don't remember. that is one that will stick with me for a while.
i am lucky to do what i do and share that with others.
happy thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment